Wednesday, October 19, 2011

When it Rains, Get Creative!

  The first project was to decorate the yard. My husband and I made tombstones from Styrofoam, and put up a wolf-man to watch over our graveyard. We also put lights in the bushes and found a huge tree limb and buried it to make a spooky tree with our flying ghost in it! 




We even got our Pittsburg Kansas Gorilla in the spirit of the season!



After spending an entire day decorating my front yard for Halloween, a windy rain storm came that lasted for about 3 1/2 days. It took away all my tombstones and left me with just my wolf-man and the limb I used as a tree. It stopped for about 2 days then came back for about a week, thanks to a tropical storm out in the ocean.


BUT, thanks to the rainy weather we have had here in South Georgia the past 2 weeks, I've had the chance to sit down and get creative with several different craft projects!! My mother had a ton of flowering pots and we used them to create different things, candy corn, witch faces, spiders, but my two favorite is my scarecrow with little black crows!

My  second favorite would have to be my sparkly snowman!! but he is still a work in progress...






My most favorite projects of them all would have to be the outfits I made for my little man!! I love love LOVE how he looks in red, I don't know if it his hair or what but I love it!! So I made him a little hat and scarf that are so soft that keep his little noggin warm, he is like me, he gets cold easy :)




Also, we are taking him to Alabama for the Tennessee game this Saturday so we have to let him represent the best football team, without spending $40 for him to do it... so I made this...
Thanksgiving is also coming up so I made this too...





SO, even when the rain comes, find something fun and positive to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment